Breville 800JEXL Review
Breville Elite Juice Fountain Review
For good health and vitality, we all need vitamins and nutrients from fresh fruits and vegetables. Unfortunately, squeezing fruits and vegetables is a time-consuming process if you don’t have a juicer. Most people don’t have time for these things, as the preparation conflicts with our modern, busy lifestyles.
This Breville Fountain Juicer takes fruit and vegetables and separates the nutrients and vitamin-rich juices from the pulp. The fresh juice has no preservatives or additives, and it is way healthier and better than most store-bought, pre-processed juices.
The Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain is popularly known as the Cadillac of juicers but does it live up to its claims? Let’s see in today’s review. The Breville 800JEXL has an Italian-made electronic motor that increases can work through heavy use and still maintain enough revolutions.
You can choose between 2 speeds for soft and hard fruits, and you’ll have a 3-inch feed chute where you can easily prepare and put your fruits and vegetables. It also has an elegant, stainless steel housing which you can confidently display in your kitchen table.
Unrivaled power meets the highest quality components and revolutionary design in this life-changing appliance. This is North America’s fastest centrifugal juicer, after being timed and making an 8-ounce glass of juice in an astonishing 5 seconds.
It was designed by the innovative, world-renowned engineer Keith Hensel in 1999. The Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain was the world’s first domestic juicer to use whole fruits and vegetables with no chopping, peeling, slicing, or dicing. Although fruit is primarily composed of water, its selling point is its nutritional value. How do you extract juice from fruits without leaving the nutrients behind? Breville’s Nutri Disc and patented juicing system keep more nutrients than other juicers and transfer less than 1.8 °F of heat. This protects the enzymes in the juice and makes sure the absorption is high.
This uniquely designed juicing system features a feed chute that is centered over the shredding disc. This allows for more efficient juicing and faster use. Two speeds allow you to adjust the type of ingredients you are using. It is suggested that, when juicing, you use a variety of ingredients with varying textures. You begin with the softer textured ingredients on the slow-speed setting, and then change the setting to high speed for harder texture ingredients.
If you are juicing herbs, sprouts, or leafy green vegetables, you should either wrap them together to form a bundle or juice them with a combination of other ingredients on slow-speed to obtain the best extraction.
An extra-wide, 3-inch feed chute makes it possible to feed whole apples, carrots, tomatoes, and peeled oranges into the juicer, saving you time and effort.
Breville 800JEXL Features and Specifications
- Heavy-duty 1000 watt motor with dual speed control: a slow speed setting (6,500rpm) for softer fruits and vegetables and a high-speed setting (13,000rpm) for harder material
- Patented extra-wide feed chute (3″ wide): juice large fruits and vegetables with little to no cutting or preparation
- Patented direct central feed system for maximum juice extraction
- Nutri Disc with titanium reinforced cutting blades – the blades stay sharp longer
- Die-cast materials make the 800JEXL both durable and beautiful
- 1-liter juice jug (34 fl. oz.) with froth separator
- Large capacity pulp container with integrated handle
- Cord storage: the power cord wraps around feet and clips into position under the base for a reduced counter-top footprint
- Safety Locking Arm prevents the juicer from operating without the cover locked into place
- Overload protection prevents over-heating, automatically shutting the machine down when it senses that the device is overloaded
- All materials that come in contact with food are BPA-free, ensuring safe use
- Easy clean-up with the included cleaning brush. All parts except for the mesh filter basket/Nutri Disc and food pusher can be washed in the dishwasher.
Is the Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain a Masticating Juicer?
No, it’s not a masticating juicer. But it’s easy enough to mistake it for one since it’s equally expensive, and it’s also very efficient in producing large amounts of juice.
Nonetheless, it is a centrifugal juicer. It offers much quicker results because the speed setting can reach 13,000 rpm. In masticating juicers, the speed can only achieve a leisurely 80rpm. The 800JEXL Juice Fountain has a much more powerful motor used to reach those speeds, and you can expect a much louder usage.
Breville 800JEXL Review
One thing that you’ll love about the Breville 800JEXL is that it gives you a very fast juicing speed. It’s also relatively easy to clean up, and it has a large chute so you can fit three regular-sized carrots at once or three medium-sized apples or oranges without having to cut them up. A nice bonus is that it comes with a stainless steel exterior, so you don’t have to worry about those nasty stains which you can get from juicing vegetables. Also, the wide feed can help you juice more quickly.
- Die cast steel housing; Stainless steel micromesh filter; Titanium plated...
- Circular 3 inch feed tube accommodates whole fruits and vegetables; Voltage...
- 1.1 quarts Juice Jug capacity, 3.2 quarts Pulp container capacity book,...
- Locking arm bolts move upto 1/4 in all directions to ensure a snug fit in...
- 1000 watt juicer with 2 speed controls, high (13,000 RPM) and low (6,500...
The 800JEXL Juice Fountain never gets out of balance because it’s an ejection style juicer. When it comes to juicing efficiency, it does a great job of extracting every bit of juice because it has a potent motor. You can even use it as an attractive gadget in your counter because of its sleek design.
This juicer doesn’t produce a significant amount of heat, and the result is a bit warmer. The temperature change is not that huge, but you can notice it. You can use two speeds: low and high. The low rate works great with cucumbers, broccoli, tomatoes, etc. The high speed is perfect for carrots, apples, celery, sweet potatoes, etc. People said that the Breville 800JEXL isn’t your best pick for juicing those leafy greens or wheatgrass, so keep that in mind.
The instructions for setting up the Breville 800JEXL are well-written, and you’ll have no problem in putting this machine together. When it comes to the juicer speed, we have to give you a warning -you’re going to have so much fun using it that you will forget how much juice you’ve made in just a short time.
Breville 800JEXL Unique Features
Unique Extraction System
The titanium reinforced disc and Italian-made micro mesh filter basket are made out of stainless steel and together are designed for optimum juice and nutrient extraction.
Shortened Prep Time
The unique 3-inch extra-wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting.
2-Speed Electronic Control
Use the low speed for softer fruits and leafy vegetables. Use the high speed for denser fruits and harder vegetables.
The juicer cover, stainless steel filter bowl, puree disc, and juice jug are all safe to go into your dishwasher.
The biggest concern for most people about the Breville 800JEXL is their limited warranty period, which is only 1-3 years (other related juicers go as high as 15 years). However, they said that the attractive features give more than enough reasons to give Breville 800JEXL a shot.
Some people are also saying that it’s noisy when it’s juicing, but that’s not entirely the case. It’s not as quiet as the Green Power juicer, but it’s certainly not annoying.
You will feel confident that you’ve made the right choice when you purchase the Breville 800JEXL. A lot of the people who bought this juicer have owned juicers of different classes, and they all rated the Breville 800JEXL as a top gadget. The price is high, but it’s nothing when you compare it to the cost of what you’re going to put in it.
Overall, you’re going to love this juicer. It’s as fast as the manufacturer claims, effortless to clean up, and makes great-tasting juices at high yields. It compares very favorably with more expensive, top of the line juicers.
Let us show you what a customer had to say:
After having my neighbor do some juicing for me, I decided to find out what she was using. She told me that she purchased a Breville juicer about two years ago and that she would not use any other machine. I decided to do some research on the brand, and it has been proved as a very effective one. Since it has arrived, I have been making juice all day long! Great product!
- Quickly processes hard produce with decent extraction
- Large juice container and pulp collector for uninterrupted juicing
- Effective micro mesh filter yielding smooth juice
- Elegant and sturdy design; gives impression of longevity
- Flow spout and juice container design prevents full use of container’s capacity
- Doesn’t handle soft fruit or leafy greens very well
- Prone to wasting produce by tossing bits and pieces in pulp collector
- Takes up a lot of countertop space