- 1 Top Beet Juice Benefits For Your Health
- 1.1 Beetroot juice is rich in nutrients that are essential for our health and youthful appearance. Some examples are iron, folates, iodine, sulfur, manganese, potassium, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin C and B6. While the beet is rich in nutrients and antioxidants, it is low in calories on the other. This makes it the perfect diet companion as well.
- 2 Beet Juice Benefits
- 2.1 1. Cures Anemia
- 2.2 2. Prevents Inflammation
- 2.3 3. It Lowers Blood Pressure
- 2.4 4. Protects Against Tumors
- 2.5 5. Strengthens Immunity
- 2.6 6. It Preserves Bone Health
- 2.7 7. Increases Energy And Libido
- 2.8 8. Preserves Eyesight And Health
- 2.9 9. Contributes To A Youthful Appearance
- 2.10 Best Juicer to Make Beetroot Juice
- 2.11 Tips For A Healthy Consuming Of Beets:
- 2.12 Tips For Buying Fresh Beetroot:
- 3 Best Beetroot Juice Recipes
- 4 Final Thoughts
Top Beet Juice Benefits For Your Health
Beetroot juice is rich in nutrients that are essential for our health and youthful appearance. Some examples are iron, folates, iodine, sulfur, manganese, potassium, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin C and B6. While the beet is rich in nutrients and antioxidants, it is low in calories on the other. This makes it the perfect diet companion as well.
Beetroot (Lat. Beta vulgaris) is one of the most famous root vegetables in the world, and it is recognizable for its deep red color and sweet taste. And while we mostly consume its red root, the ancient Romans ate only beetroot leaves, which are also extremely healthy. They used the heart as a medicine.
This powerful vegetable contains only 36 kcal per 100 grams and is, therefore, an excellent choice for those who struggle with excess weight. It cleanses the body of toxins, thanks to its abundance of antioxidants, and is also rich in fiber, which aids digestion.
Beet Juice Benefits
1. Cures Anemia
If you suffer from anemia, beetroot should be on your list of essential foods. It is rich in iron, vitamin C, and folate. It is recommended that you consume a freshly chopped, raw piece of beetroot every day to increase your red blood cell count.
One cup of this vegetable contains 1.1 mg of iron, which meets 6 percent of the daily requirement for this mineral. Also, iron is known to be easier to absorb into the body from beetroot than from some other foods, thanks to vitamin C as well as folates. Consuming fresh beets also helps with menstrual and menopausal problems.
2. Prevents Inflammation
Beetroot has amino acids that protect your cells from the harmful effects of daily stress and inflammatory conditions. In addition to these acids and betaine, beets also contain an abundance of antioxidants that protect the health of your whole body. To enhance the anti-inflammatory effect, you can combine it with ginger juice. This super healthy combination will also improve your digestion and also boost your immunity.
3. It Lowers Blood Pressure
If you suffer from hypertension, be sure to include beetroot in your menu. It helps to lower blood pressure. Thanks to nitrates, the extract from beetroot juice lowers systolic pressure and is also suitable for athletes because it improves athletic performance.
Beetroot nitrates are converted into the human body, and they turn into nitric oxide, which acts as a blood vessel dilator that enhances blood flow and automatically lowers your pressure. Nitric oxide also has beneficial effects on your brain cells, and it contributes to your mental health and cognitive function.
4. Protects Against Tumors
Research has shown that beetroot phytonutrients inhibit and prevent the development of cancer cells and tumors. Betacianin, a pigment that is responsible for the intense red color of beetroot, works to prevent the production of nitrosamine, which is linked to cancer.
To protect yourself from cancer, drink freshly prepared beetroot juice every day. You can prepare it by grinding the root and letting it stand for a few hours. Strain it through a linen cloth or a juicer. Beetroot extract can help during the treatment of prostate, breast, and pancreatic cancer.
5. Strengthens Immunity
If you want to improve the body’s defense mechanism, eat green beetroot leaves. These are the most nutritionally valuable part of this vegetable. They are rich in essential nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, fiber, protein, vitamins A, C, and B6, as well as calcium and iron.
Best Juicer to Make Beetroot Leaves Juice
- INDUSTRY LEADING: 15-YEAR coverage on parts and performance
- ENDORSED BY THE MEDICAL MEDIUM: “Everyone always asks me what juicer I...
- COLD PRESS SLOW JUICE FOR AN IMMUNITY BOOST: The 80 RPM low speed, dual...
- SPECIAL CELERY ADJUSTABLE END CAP WITH GREEN INSERT: Your juicer comes with...
- FRUIT & VEGETABLE END CAP: The second adjustable end cap you receive is for...
Keep in mind that beetroot leaves contain more iron than spinach, for example. They enhance your immunity by stimulating the production of antibodies and leukocytes. These protect against various chronic diseases. Therefore, do not throw fresh beetroot leaves, but add them to vegetable juices, multiple dishes, salads, etc.
6. It Preserves Bone Health
Beetroot preserves the health of our bones, thanks to the abundance of silicon that appears in it. Namely, this mineral helps to absorb calcium into our bones and thus protects them, as well as joints, from a very known disease called osteoporosis. Cyclic betaine also lowers the levels of harmful homocysteine, which, when found in large quantities, is associated with osteoporosis.
7. Increases Energy And Libido
Beetroot helps with energy and endurance. Nitrates, the nitrogen compounds present in this vegetable, reduce oxygen consumption during increased physical exertion. Research has shown that people who drink beetroot juice before physical activity can exercise 16 percent longer than others.
Did you know that this vegetable is a true aphrodisiac for men? It is known that the ancient Romans also consumed it for the sake of increasing their stamina. Beetroot contains boron mineral, which has been proven to improve sexual function and increase libido in men. This mineral works to stimulate the production of sex hormones and sperm mobility.
8. Preserves Eyesight And Health
Beta-carotene, the yellowish pigment we find in fruits and vegetables, turns into vitamin A when in our body. It is a true protector of our eyesight, and it works against the harmful effects of free radicals. Consuming beetroot that is full of beta-carotene will help protect your eye health.
Beta-carotene slows down the process of macular degeneration, a disease that destroys the central vision that most commonly affects older people. Grate fresh beetroot and combine them with grated carrots for a double effect.
9. Contributes To A Youthful Appearance
Instead of expensive, rejuvenating beauty creams, you only need one item. And that is – beetroot juice. It nourishes the skin from the inside and protects it from the harmful effects from the outside. The pigment beta-cyanine in the beetroot has antiviral and antimicrobial properties. It also contributes to the hydration of the skin, and it counteracts the action of free radicals, which are known to be great enemies of beautiful and healthy skin.
Beetroot also contains the antioxidant lutein, which reduces the harmful effects of free radicals and helps reduce the number of wrinkles on our face. If you want your skin to have a special glow, drink a cup of fresh beetroot juice every day.
Best Juicer to Make Beetroot Juice
- The Breville Juice Fountain Cold is a high performance juicer with an...
- Cold Extraction System: A Breville juicer with Cold Spin Technology and an...
- Short Prep Time: The juicers unique 3 inch extra wide chute feed allows you...
- Extra Large Seal and Store: Juice and seal in a XL 70 fl oz jug for the...
- LED Display: The juicer machines display illuminates if the motor has...
Tips For A Healthy Consuming Of Beets:
- Grate fresh beetroot into your favorite salad
- Mix the beetroot juice or add it to a vegetable smoothie
- Marinate it in lemon juice and olive oil with the addition of spices
- Steam it briefly and consume it
- Prepare borscht, a famous Russian beetroot soup
Tips For Buying Fresh Beetroot:
Choose smaller, hard and solid pieces of beetroot that have a more intense color (that means they have been recently harvested) and firm and undamaged leaves.
Best Beetroot Juice Recipes
1. Beetroot Energy Juice – An Energy Bomb Before Exercise
- 1 orange or lemon
- 1 leaf of kale or other leafy vegetables
- 1 apple
- 1 carrot
- 1 beet
- some grated ginger
2. Beetroot Juice For Lowering Blood Pressure
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon
- 2 celery
- 1 beet with leaves
- 1 handful of spinach
3. Carrot And Beetroot Detox Juice
- 1 smaller carrot
- 1 smaller piece of a peeled beet
- half orange
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
4. Beetroot And Carrot Juice For Energy
- 1 apple
- a slice of fresh ginger
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 4 medium-sized carrots
- half a beet
Preparing all of these juices is a straightforward process. Cut larger fruits and vegetables into small pieces and mix them well in a juicer. You can also add some water if needed if the juice is too thick. Beetroot soup is a light meal full of energy, so keep them in mind!
Beetroots are incredibly healthy for us, and we should consume them more often. If you don’t like to eat them, you can create juices where you won’t taste them as much. Combine them with many other fruits and vegetables for the ultimate performance, and you’ll be left with a gratifying experience.