Who would have thought a little grass would make one of the most nutritious health-promoting juices? Wheatgrass chock full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and life-giving enzymes. If you want to add this healthy juice to your diet then you will need one of the best juicers for wheatgrass.
- 1 Manual Wheatgrass Juicers
- 2 Electric Wheatgrass Juicers
- 3 Best Juicers For Wheatgrass – Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 So let’s take a look at the 5 Best Wheatgrass Juicers
- 5 Make Wheatgrass Juice Yourself
- 6 The Best Juicer For Wheatgrass
- 7 Juicing Wheatgrass – How Do I Drink The Juice?
- 8 The Vital Substances In Wheatgrass Juice
Wheatgrass juicers come in 2 distinct types:
- Manual Wheatgrass Juicers
- Electric Wheatgrass Juicers.
Manual Wheatgrass Juicers
If you don’t mind a little hand-cranking these are great little machines. You don’t need electricity to use them so that saves on power, and they are quite compact so they take up little room and are easy to take with you should you want to. Another major plus is that they are much easier to clean than the electric wheatgrass juicer machines, so overall they are easier to use, minus a little cranking. They also provide great wheatgrass juice yields and produce hardly any heat.
The main disadvantage of these manual machines is that they are one-dimensional, you cannot use them for anything else. So if you want one of the best wheatgrass juicers that can juice fruits and veggies too, then you will need an electric machine – specifically a masticating juicer. The other type of electric juicer – a centrifugal juicer, cannot juice wheatgrass at all.
Electric Wheatgrass Juicers
A masticating juicer is a machine you need if you want to go the electric route, either that or the only wheatgrass specific juicer that is electric – the Green Queen Wheatgrass Juicer – reviewed below. Electric juicers save you some arm power, and generally, they can do a lot more than just juice wheatgrass. One of the best masticating juicers for wheatgrass is the Omega 8006.
Wheatgrass is a real source of strength. It contains numerous vitamins, enzymes, proteins, and trace elements. Its health benefits were discovered centuries ago in Central America and China. Wheatgrass consists of the young shoots of common wheat. It is harvested after around 10 days when the shoots are around 10 to 15 centimeters high. Wheatgrass juice is the ideal solution in order to be able to make the best possible use of the valuable vitamins, including A, C, E, K. In principle, wheatgrass, cut into small pieces, can also be used as an addition to salads or meals, but wheatgrass juice offers the concentrated effect of vitamins. In the following sections, we’ll tell you how to make it, what to look for when juicing wheatgrass and which juicer is best.
Best Juicers For Wheatgrass – Frequently Asked Questions
Best Juicers For Wheatgrass
So let’s take a look at the 5 Best Wheatgrass Juicers
|Hurom HP Slow Juicer, White||360 Reviews||$379.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Omega Compact Slow Speed Multi-Purpose Nutrition System Juicer with...||460 Reviews||$300.00 $197.59||Buy on Amazon|
|Aobosi Slow Masticating juicer Extractor, Cold Press Juicer Machine,...||822 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Handy Pantry HJ Hurricane Stainless Steel Manual Wheatgrass Juicer||253 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|The Original Healthy Juicer (Lexen GP27) - Manual Juicer - Celery,...||1,724 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
First, we will give you all information needed about electric wheatgrass juicers:
- INDUSTRY LEADING - 15-YEAR coverage on parts and performance
- COMPACT - The CNC80S juicer features a compact design and is approximately...
- HEALTHY JUICING - Using a low speed of 80 RPMs results in minimal heat...
- DELICIOUS JUICES - Extract the maximum amount of nutrients, vitamins, taste...
- EASY TO USE - Enjoy continuous juicing with automatic pulp ejection. Quiet...
- ✔🍇🎀Christmas Gift!🎀✔COMPACT AND PORTABLE DESIGN : With only...
- ✔🍅 HIGHEST NUTRITION WITH EFFICIENT MOTOR: Work with lower speed...
- ✔🍒 EASY TO ASSEMBLE AND CLEAN: Do assembly easier with this juicer, do...
- ✔🍉 SAFE MATERIAL AND DESIGN : All detachable parts are made of high...
- ✔🍏 PREMIUM SERVICE: For Amazon customers, this product comes with...
Below we will tell you something about manual wheatgrass juicers:
- GUARANTEED HAPPY JUICING: The Manual Healthy Juicer has a no-risk...
- MULTIPURPOSE JUICING: Juices Celery, Wheatgrass, Kale, Spinach, Collard...
- DESIGNED FOR EASY CLEANING AND EASE OF USE: We realized early on in...
- GET HEALTHY AND STAY HEALTHY: Nothing can replace daily activity and an...
- DEVELOPED BY PEOPLE WHO JUICE: We developed the Healthy Juicer because we...
Make Wheatgrass Juice Yourself
If you want to juice wheatgrass, home-grown wheatgrass is recommended. We will show you how to do that in our article “Wheatgrass Juice Recipe“. Once your wheatgrass is ready to harvest, you can cut it just above the roots. That way, you could use the roots for a second harvest. However, it is more advisable to use fresh wheat from the health food store over and over again in order to grow new wheatgrass and thus obtain a fresh supply of vitamins.
The Best Juicer For Wheatgrass
Juicing Wheatgrass – How Do I Drink The Juice?
If you’ve never drunk wheatgrass juice, the taste will surprise you. Admittedly, it takes getting used to and can be compared to the taste of licorice. The bitterness ensures that most people only consume juice in smaller amounts. Mostly the size of a shot glass. To make the taste more pleasant, you can always add apple pieces when juicing between adding wheatgrass. That optimizes the taste. Of course, other types of fruit and vegetables are also possible as refined additions. The Angel Juicer also squeezes them effortlessly with a very high juice yield.
The best thing to do is to experiment with the taste. For us, apple juice definitely made the most pleasant combination. It is also important that you do not tip over wheatgrass juice while drinking it but only consume it in small, slow sips and in limited quantities. A wheatgrass juice diet is not recommended as excessive amounts of the juice have a laxative effect.
The Vital Substances In Wheatgrass Juice
By the way, you don’t need a pestle to juice the wheatgrass. The Angel Juicer does have such a plunger, but the pressing performance of the Premium Slowjuicer is so outstanding that you don’t have to use it. When feeding wheatgrass into the 43-millimeter wide feed chute, you should simply let the grass soak in and not stuff it in, which increases the juice yield and is also beneficial for maintaining the vitamins it contains.
After all, wheatgrass juice contains numerous vitamins. To count Vitamin A, which is good for the metabolism, the skin, mucous membranes, and blood cells. Vitamin C, which traps free radicals and protects cells, and improves detoxification. Also, vitamin E, which slows down the aging process and protects against cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Vitamin K, which is good for blood clotting, connective tissue, and bones. Thiamine, which supports the nervous system, riboflavin, which is good for the metabolism, niacin which helps against hardening of the arteries and high cholesterol levels, iron, which is required for cell respiration, and many other vitamins, enzymes, and trace elements.